And then they were gone! Literally, these will go in a flash, so make sure you grab yourself a slice before you let the kids or anyone else get at it!
The recipe came from a book which I bought down the market for about 50p so an absolute bargain! It’s called ‘Simply Cadbury’s Chocolate’ by Joanna Farrow, and you can find the original recipe on Page 72 – naturally I adapted it because that’s what I do.
- 2 bars of Cadbury’s milk chocolate – 200 gram bars
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- 1.5 packets of Cadbury’s chocolate digestives (you can never have enough chocolate)
- 125 grams of melted butter, we like Lurpak
- 6-8 tablespoons of syrup
- As many Maltesers as you like
I tend to get all my bits ready so I can throw them all in when the time is right, so:
- Grease and line your cake tin – I just use a pyrex glass and it works just fine – I tend to put some margarine around the bottom so that they baking paper sticks
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces into a medium-sized saucepan and add in your milk
- Put the chocolate digestives in a ziplock and then grab the rolling pin and give them a good smash
- Melt your butter, I just nuke it in the microwave for about 30 seconds
- Then, melt the chocolate with the milk, when that’s done, then add in your melted butter and stir like crazy to get it all to absorb
- Once that’s done, then add in the syrup, then give it a good stir and add in your crushed biscuits (my husband sobbed when I broke them up!)
- Get as much of the chocolate all over the contents, and then add in a couple of handfuls of maltesers and stir again
- Then empty it all out into your tin or pyrex glass, and spread it out so it’s even, and then I decorate the top with more maltesers
- Whack it into the fridge and let it chill for about three hours or until you just have to eat some!