This went down an absolute storm – but you definitely need some sort of dip to go with it. My family like Sainsbury’s Sour Cream & Chive dip, and you’ll need at least two pots, and you need to not be watching your weight as I suspect they’re a trillion calories.
Word of warning, this takes longer than you think, around 45-60 minutes as there’s a lot of faffing around.
- 8 large baking potatoes
- Lots of butter melted, we like Lurpak
- Olive Oil
- A block of medium-matured cheese grated
- 8 rashers of un-smoked bacon – cut into small pieces and fried
- Wash the potatoes, and then get a super sharp knife and slice almost from one end to the other
- Put the potatoes on a flat roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil
- Then take your melted butter and brush over the potatoes and between the slices as best you can
- Add salt and pepper and pop it into your pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for 45 minutes – turn at least once half-way through
- After 45 minutes, take them out and you’ll see that they’ve opened up at which point you can then stuff the grated cheddar and fried bacon pieces in between each of the slices and then add grated cheese over the top of the potatoes
- Stick it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted
- Serve with dips of your choice – yum!