The original one I did with Maltesers went down so well, that my daughter suggested that I try one with Crunchie bars instead. Always up for a challenge, and quite frankly, how wrong can you really go with chocolate, I gave it a go!
Verdict from the family – they thought it tasted better than the Malteser version, and that’s saying something!
Here we go:
- 2 bars of Cadbury’s milk chocolate – 200 gram bars
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- 1.5 packets of Cadbury’s chocolate digestives (you can never have enough chocolate)
- 125 grams of melted butter, we like Lurpak
- 6-8 tablespoons of syrup
- 6 Crunchie Bars for the main cake, and 2 Crunchie bars to embed into the cake before you put it in the fridge – see pic:
I tend to get all my bits ready so I can throw them all in when the time is right, so:
- Grease and line your cake tin – I just use a pyrex glass and it works just fine – I tend to put some margarine around the bottom so that they baking paper sticks
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces into a medium-sized saucepan and add in your milk
- Put the chocolate digestives in a ziplock and then grab the rolling pin and give them a good smash
- Melt your butter, I just nuke it in the microwave for about 30 seconds
- Then, melt the chocolate with the milk, when that’s done, then add in your melted butter and stir like crazy to get it all to absorb
- Once that’s done, then add in the syrup, then give it a good stir and add in your crushed biscuits (my husband sobbed when I broke them up!)
- Get as much of the chocolate all over the contents, and then break up 6 bars of Crunchie (I just used a knife to cut them up) and stir again
- Then empty it all out into your tin or pyrex glass, and spread it out so it’s even, and then I decorate the top with 2 more Crunchie bars and sink them into the chocolate
- Whack it into the fridge and let it chill for about three hours or until you just have to eat some!